· 1 cup sugar
· 3 large eggs
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
· 1/4 cup heavy cream
· 8 ounces chocolate chips or coarsely chopped chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs.
2. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt.
3. In a medium cast iron skillet, bring butter and cream to a simmer over medium heat. Add chocolate; reduce to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate has melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.
4. Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture, whisking until blended (reserve skillet).
5. Fold in flour mixture. Pour batter into skillet.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
7. (for a gooier brownie bake for about 35 minutes)
Serve from skillet, warm or at room temperature.