Saturday, June 26, 2010

BLACK FOREST CHERRY CAKE

This is probably my favorite cake recipe in all of time. I've made it for more years than I want to say. I can tear up a cake mix, let me tell you, and I have a couple of cake mix recipe cookbooks, but I still fall back on this one. It's in the oven right now.

I only use silicone bundt pans, a great investment to be sure.

Black Forest Cherry Cake

1 pkg (2 layer, not pudding mix) chocolate cake mix
2 cans (21 oz each) cherry pie filling
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs

Combine all ingredients except one can of cherry pie filling; beat well with mixer. Pour into greased silicone bundt pan or greased and floured metal bundt pan.

Bake in 350 degree oven 45 minutes.
Cool in pan. 25 minutes if metal pan, less if silicone.
Invert on a cake plate with a lip to finish cooling.
When ready to serve, heat the remaining can of cherry pie filling and spoon over cake, letting excess pour into center hole.

Garnish each slice with Cool Whip.

You will love me for this recipe. Your family and friends will be dazzled, I guarantee. Let me know how it turns out!

No comments: