Almond KISSed Cookies
• 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
• 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
• 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 to 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
• 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
• 1 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1. Grind 1/2 cup almonds in food processor or blender. Stir together flour, ground almonds and baking soda; set aside.
2. Beat butter and powdered sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg, orange peel and almond extract; beat on low speed until blended. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until blended. Shape dough into two logs, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. (Refrigerate dough about 15 minutes, if necessary, before shaping). Wrap each roll separately in wax paper or plastic wrap; refrigerate until well chilled, at least two hours.
3. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Slice dough into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately place 3 chocolates and 3 almond slices on top of each cookie, pressing down lightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3-1/2 dozen cookies