Friday, November 16, 2007
HERSHEY’S Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Prepared by Executive Pastry Chef at THE HOTEL HERSHEY
1 lb. butter
21 ounces HERSHEY’S Extra Dark Chocolate
or Scharffen Berger 62% Dark Semi Sweet Chocolate
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
21 ounces sugar
5½ ounces all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
15 ounces HERSHEY’S Chocolate Chips
6½ ounces toasted walnuts
½ ounce baking powder
· Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave, mix until incorporated and set aside.
· In a mixing bowl, with a whisk attachment, whip the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy.
· On low speed, slowly add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture.
· Then add the dry ingredients and mix well.
· Add the chips and nuts.
· Place batter on a greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
· Let cool at room temperature.