HERSHEY'S Mudslide Cookies
Prepared by Bill Justus
Executive Chef at HERSHEY LODGE
Flourless cooking spray for greasing
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon powder instant coffee
1 tablespoon boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
7 ounces HERSHEY’S Unsweetened Chocolate, coarsely chopped
6 ounces HERSHEY’S Bittersweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
7 large eggs
2 ¾ cup sugar
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
· Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
· Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
· Combine the instant coffee and boiling water to make a paste.
· Blend in the vanilla extract.
· Melt the chopped HERSHEY’S Unsweetened Chocolate, HERSHEY’S chopped Bittersweet Chocolate and the butter in a saucepan over medium low heat or in the microwave for 15 to 20 second intervals. Gently stir to blend.
· In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, heat together the eggs, sugar and coffee paste mixture on high speed until light in texture and thick, 6 to 8 minute.
· Add the chocolate mixture with the machine running on medium speed.
· On low speed mix in the dry ingredients until just blended.
· Mix in the walnuts and chocolate chips until blended.
· Scrape down the bowl as needed during mixing to blend evenly.
· Using a ¼ cup-measuring scoop fill it with dough, level, and drop the dough on to a prepared cookie sheet leaving 3 to 4 inches between the cookies.
· In batches, bake until the cookies are cracked on top but still slightly moist, rating the pans as necessary to bake evenly, 14 minutes.
· Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheet before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.